Wednesday, December 18, 2013

BOOK TOUR - REVIEW - Lichgates by S.M. Boyce


 
 
 
Kara Magari is about to discover a beautiful world full of terrifying things—Ourea.

Kara, a college student still reeling from her mother’s recent death, has no idea the hidden world of Ourea even exists until a freak storm traps her in a sunken library. With no way out, she opens an ancient book of magic called the Grimoire and unwittingly becomes its master, which means Kara now wields the cursed book’s untamed power. Discovered by Ourea's royalty, she becomes an unwilling pawn in a generations-old conflict—a war intensified by her arrival. In this world of chilling creatures and betrayal, Kara shouldn’t trust anyone… but she’s being hunted and can’t survive on her own. She drops her guard when Braeden, a native soldier with a dark secret, vows to keep her safe. And though she doesn’t know it, her growing attraction to him may just be her undoing.

For twelve years, Braeden Drakonin has lived a lie. The Grimoire is his one chance at redemption, and it lands in his lap when Kara Magari comes into his life. Though he begins to care for this human girl, there is something he wants more. He wants the Grimoire.

Welcome to Ourea, where only the cunning survive.

 
 
This book took my imagination and ran wild with it! I was on edge for most of it!
I had heard there were lulls in the book but I never lost interest ever.
The characters are well described and each have a personality all their own bringing them to life off of the pages. A very well written fantasy that I will need more of!
 
Kara was a normal everyday girl. She had lost her mother not long ago and it was just her and her father. She goes on a hike and stumbles upon the Lichgates and then the Grimoire. After that nothing is ever the same. When she makes it out of Ourea to get her dad so that he will be safe things go from bad to a thousand times worse. I shed tears over here!
 
She has to figure out how to handle everything, from who she is now to how to deal with her tragedies. She is lucky to have Braeden along for the journey and her two muses as well.
I loved each place they visited and the amount of action in the book as well.
 
I loved this book truly although I tend to lean more towards not so much fantasy but I love when fantasy intermingles with humanity. It made for a truly epic fantasy read for me. I love Kara, she's strong and uncertain but prepared to deal. The beasts and bad guys are great too in this I was enamored with King Carden, he was so dark and evil it was bone chilling. Braeden was by far my favorite character even though he is battling his own will.
 
This was a very good read worth every page turning moment. I like the creativity and newness to the sort of familiar realm. I recommend it to all fantasy lovers everywhere!
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Check  Out The Trailer
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

International Amazon Bestseller. Fantasy Author. Twitter addict. Book Blogger. Geek. Sarcastic. Gooey. Odd. Author of the action-packed Grimoire Saga.
S.M. Boyce is a novelist who loves ghosts, magic, and spooky things. She prefers loose-leaf tea, reads far too many books, and is always cold. She’s married to her soul mate and couldn’t be happier. Her B.A. in Creative Writing qualifies her to serve you french fries.
Boyce likes to update her blog a few times each week so that you have something to wake you up in the morning.
 
"I believe everyone should be able to find a book that sticks with them forever. Everyone should at some point live the magic of their favorite worlds, characters, and creatures. So when I write, I keep in mind the magic that comes with those eternal stories."
 
—S. M. Boyce
 
 
 
 
Connect
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Brought to you by
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Happy Reading! 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Great review, Shayna! Sounds like a great read and Kara is definitely a protagonist I could easily root for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I will have to have any additional books in the series asap! :)

      Delete
  2. I've read the first 2 books in this series and loved them!

    ReplyDelete